The Benefits of Membership
Membership is the lifeblood of any congregation, and our members help shape and direct all aspects of congregational life. To be a member of CBS is to be part of a community – a group of people who will be there to support you in times of joy, mourn with you in times of sadness and share all that life has to offer. To be part of Congregation Beth Shalom is to be connected to a community that will welcome you and provide you with an extended family and a place in which you can explore Jewish tradition, celebrate Jewish holidays and develop deep and lasting friendships. We encourage you to consider joining our congregational family, and to begin enjoying all the benefits of membership:
- Eligibility for Religious School enrollment
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah education
- Confirmation classes ( Link to Confirmation page )
- Youth Group
- Life Long Learning programs on many diverse and interesting topics throughout the year
- Rabbi participation at Life-cycle events (baby namings, weddings and commitment ceremonies, funerals)
- Pastoral counseling and support in times of need
- Our monthly newsletter, The Kibbitzer
- Eligibility to serve on our Board of Directors
- Participation in our many committees and interest groups, including: TorahTots (for preschoolers), Chavurah group, BESTY Youth Group, Facility and Safety, Life Long Learning, Religious School, Page Turners (book club), FUNdraising, Social Action, Membership, Ritual, Caring and last, but not least, Oneg / Kitchen.
Membership Categories and Requested Financial Commitment
No one is ever turned away from Congregation Beth Shalom for financial reasons. We have dues reductions available for anyone who needs it, so please ask. Strict confidentiality is honored in all financial arrangements, and financial commitments can be made in monthly, quarterly or annual payments.
|FAMILY MEMBERSHIP||$2,160.00 per year|
|SINGLE PERSON MEMBERSHIP||$1,080.00 per year|
|ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP SINGLE||$1,080.00 per year**|
|ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP FAMILY||$525.00 per year**|
| YOUNG FAMILY MEMBERSHIP FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN UNDER 5 $423.00
** Verification of full membership at another congregation is required
If you are a single parent, with children you are considered a Family Membership. Single person membership is only for adult individuals with no children. Minors may NOT be Single Members.